What is the SEN Day Centre Hub?
The SEN Hub is a day service provision here at Zinc offering a variety of leisure, educational, social, health and well-being activities and opportunities for individuals with special educational needs from across the region.
- Provides supportive, safe, purposeful and constructive activities for individuals;
- Ensures that users are able to access activities appropriate to their needs;
- Provides services that will enable users to increase or maintain their level of independence;
- Offers activities that will help you to raise your aspirations and goals, giving you independence, choice and control over the activities that you want to be involved in;
- Ensures a safe supported environment in which individuals are encouraged to develop friendships and a peer support network
As part of these aims, our staff will spend time talking to you to understand your needs so that we can support you with appropriate, purposeful activities that you’ll find rewarding.
What will you do at the SEN Day Centre Hub?
We offer a range of different fun and rewarding activities from week to week. You will be able to participate in different activities or spend time concentrating on your own chosen activity. Fully trained artists and support workers are on hand to provide guidance, expertise and support.
Activities may include;
- Textiles – needlework, crochet or knitting
- Photography or film making
- Reminiscing and memories recording.
Who is it for?
It is accessible to all, unrestricted by age, ability or diagnosis.
This may include;
- Older adults
- Adults or young people with mental ill health.
- Adults or young people with learning disabilities
- Adults or young people with physical and/or sensory impairment
If you are aged 14+ and are looking for high quality day service activities the Hub is for you. Attendees are welcome from all areas across the region, whether you’re from Essex, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire or even further afield.
When is it?
Every Monday & Wednesday.
- Full Day 10.00am – 4.00pm. £35.00. This includes refreshments and lunch
- Half Day 10.00am – 1.00pm. £20.00. This includes refreshments
How can you take part?
To book your place or find out any further information, please contact Hannah Howland at Zinc.
Address: Zinc, Ongar, Essex, CM5 0AD
Tel: 01277 365626