Making a song and dance about Blackmore
Friday 24th to Monday 27th May 2019
Zinc are delighted to be the lead charity at the 2019 Blackmore Village Fayre.
A biannual event for the community, by the community, this year the fayre is going full jazz hands with a Musicals theme.
With a full programme of events for all the family over the whole Bank Holiday weekend from Friday 24th to Monday 26th May the Fayre promises to be a real showstopper this year.
Join in with the Festival of Sports, check out the fantastic entries in the Scarecrow Competition, watch some amazing live music on both the Saturday and Sunday nights, enjoy the Grand Parade and the Village Fayre, get involved in the kids games, dog show or soapbox trials, as well as much more besides.
How Blackmore’s Support is helping Zinc
As the lead charity for the 2019 event Blackmore’s support will enable us to continue our vital work in raising aspirations for all and helping to create a more inclusive society where everyone can achieve their potential.
Thanks to Blackmore Village Fayre we will be able to:
- Provide bursary places for our UAS courses and residentials for people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Offer funded places on our children’s activities and workshops for vulnerable or low income families.
- Reach out to additional vulnerable, needy or deprived groups with free arts and creative workshops.
- Increase our offering to elderly, isolated members of our community and expand our current lunch and film clubs programme.
- Enact all important repairs to our 118 year old building. It is beautiful, but it is very old and demanding.
- Increase our free events for the local community to further reduce isolation and encourage inclusion.